Explore natural caves (discovered in 1960) with a variety of tours to choose from:
- Discovery Tour, - Half-mile tour through the caverns with a guide. See first hand the ancient formations; stalagmites, stalactites, flowstones, chandeliers and soda straws. 75 mins., $20.99 adults/$12.99 child 3-11.
- Keep in mind, if heavy rain has preceded your visit, this may be changed to the "Aquifer Tour."
- Hidden Passages Tour - Explore two huge underground chambers and see cave ribbons, soda straws and welt & trump shields. You also get to experience total darkness inside the cave. 70 mins., $20.99 adults/$12.99 child 3-11.
- Lantern Tour - Only offered in the morning. Tour the caves with only the light from your handheld lantern. 75 mins., $24.99 adults/$14.99 child 3-11.
- Adventure Tour - 3-4 hour physically demanding excursion inside the caves. You will be climbing, crawling, rappelling and hiking. Find your way with only the headlight on your helmet. Visit the Fault Room. $140, 13 and up only.
- There's also a Discovery Adventure for 8 and up for $115.
Pan for precious gems, minerals, fossils and arrowheads by purchasing a bag full of "mining rough" in the rock shop and using the sluice to find your hidden treasures. You can also gain some climbing experience by taking on the 50-foot Watchtower Climbing Wall, the Canopy Challenge and zip lines. Check out the on-site maze.
Open Daily! (Closed on Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, and New Year's day)
Check calender for hours: http://www.naturalbridgecaverns.com/(S(5g4r35atnmj0nqbkomv5xv55))/hours.aspx
Located 30 minutes north of downtown San Antonio, eight miles west of I-35 at exit #175, Natural Bridge Caverns Road.
Less than a 30 min. drive from the Temple:
Head east on Stone Oak Pkwy toward Mesa Ranch
Turn left onto Canyon Golf Rd
Turn right onto Wilderness Oak
Continue onto Summer Glen
Turn left onto US-281 N
Take the exit toward FM 1863/Bulverde
Turn right onto FM1863 E
Turn right onto FM3009 S/Natural Bridge Caverns Rd and continue to follow FM3009 S
Slight right onto Pvt Rd at FM 3009
Slight right onto Natural Bridge Caverns Rd
Caverns are on the left