Tour a real underground coal mine that operated between 1903-1961. Put on a helmet and head lamp and trek through the mine viewing artifacts and mining equipment. Hear stories of brave men who risked their lives mining for coal. Imagine what it would be like to work underground. Hear about the mine explosion of 1910. Tours run every 30 minutes. Don't forget a jacket - it gets cold underground!
Summer hours: 10AM to 6PM
7 days a week from May to Aug. 31.
Walk-in tours run every half an hour.
The first tour leaves at 10AM
and the last tour leaves at 5PM.
Winter Hours: Monday through Friday
August 31 to May long weekend
Hours: 10:00AM to 4:00PM
All OFF SEASON and GROUP TOURS are pre-booked through:
Frank Slide Interpretive Center (1.403.562.7388)
Located at Bellevue Alberta and the Crowsnest Pass in Southern Alberta
21814-28 ave, Bellevue: Right by the Old Dairy Ice Cream Shop Parking Lot.
These GPS co-ordinates will get you to the entrance road of the Bellevue Mine.
N 49.58175 degree ° W 114.36725°
About an hour drive from the Temple:
- Head west on 3 Ave W
- Turn right onto 3 St W
- Turn right onto 1 Ave W/AB-5 E
- Turn left onto AB-2 N/AB-5 E (signs for Lethbridge/Fort Macleod) and continue to follow AB-2 N
- Turn left onto AB-505 W
- Turn right onto AB-6 N
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on AB-6 N
- Turn left onto Crowsnest Trail/AB-3 W (signs for Crowsnest Pass/Crowsnest Highway)
- Turn right onto 213 St and take another right into the area
- Destination is on the right