A nature preserve on almost 300 acres near the Yakima and Columbia Rivers. Go hiking, see wildlife, birds, and landscapes full of flora and fauna. Even go horseback riding. Winter allows for snowshoeing.
Located in south Richland adjacent to Drywall Supply and Inland Paving.
- Take the Aaron street exit off highway 240 or George Washington Way.
- At Beaver Bark, take the overpass and turn right at the T.
- Proceed down the slope to the Chamna stone sign, follow the unmarked pavement to the right onto the parking lot at the end of the road.
- Drive east on Interstate 82 toward the Tri-Cities area
- Take exit 102 toward Pasco/Richland.
- Drive this freeway to exit 4 (signed "Hwy 240/Vantage") and loop around the off-ramp, go over the overpass, and turn right at the first light.
- After turning at this light, continue about 0.5 mile and turn right at the road signed "Chamna Nature Preserve."
- Continue over the freeway, and turn right onto Lacy Road (signed for the natural preserve as well). - Go 0.25 mile and turn right into the signed preserve (across the road from the gravel pit/plant).
- Continue 0.3 mile into the preserve to the large parking area.