Immerse yourself in China - try chopsticks, learn about the panda, learn art forms, see how families live their day-to-day lives, learn about your Zodiac sign and play Chinese instruments. Explore Kidd's Shipwreck - see artifacts and learn about archeology. Visit the land of the dinosaurs. Meet a paleontologist and learn about fossils. Stop by the Science Works Center to explore plants and water and do some experimenting. While exploring take some time to see the Dale Chihuly blown glass sculptures. Ride a carousel and so much more! There's also featured exhibits that change frequently. Fun for everyone!
10 AM–5 PM
Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Closed on Mondays Sept. 14, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016.
Located at the corner of 30th and North Meridian streets, just minutes north of downtown.
IndyGo buses stop at the museum daily. Routes 4, 18, 28, 30, 38, and 39 serve the museum directly.
About a 20 min. drive from the temple:
- Head east on W 116th St
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto Spring Mill Rd
- At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Spring Mill Rd
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit and stay on Spring Mill Rd
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit and stay on Spring Mill Rd
- Turn left onto W 86th St
- Turn right onto N Meridian St
- Turn right onto W 30th St
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto N Illinois St and Turn right into the area
- Museum is on the left