If you want to check out the Columbia River and get some exercise, take an easy, leisurely walk along the Riverfront Trail, adjacent to the river. It's about a 7 mile path (one-way), but it's a flat, easy trail. You can also stop along the way at Howard Amon Park to picnic or let the kids play on the playground. Biking is also encouraged.
About a 10 min. drive from the Temple:
- Head east on Gage Blvd (toward Penny Royal Ave)
- Turn left onto N Steptoe St
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto Columbia Park Trail
- Slight right to merge onto WA-240 W toward I-182/Yakima
- Continue onto George Washington Way
- Turn right onto Bradley Blvd
- Turn left, then right into park. Park is on the right.