This is a free museum, (although donations are appreciated) that will help you learn about Saskatchewan's landscapes and biodiversity. If you tour the "Province Exhibits" you'll see the story of Saskatchewan lands displayed through dioramas. Did you know pigeon's used to be more than just a nuisance? They were used as messengers in the World Wars. At this museum there is an exhibit dedicated to Passenger Pigeon's who became extinct in the early 1900's. Learn about Saskatchewan's climate, how humans affect it, earth sciences and the First Nation. There's also traveling exhibits featured.
As the museum is integrated into the Wascana Centre Park, take some time to enjoy other areas of the park.
9:30 am to 5:00 pm daily
Inside the Wascana Centre Park
Less than a 15 min. drive from the Temple:
- Head east on Wascana Gate N toward Wascana Cir
- Continue onto Wascana Cir
- Turn right onto Wascana Gate
- Turn right onto Prince of Wales Dr
- Turn left onto Arcola Ave/SK-33 W
- Turn left onto College Ave E
- Continue straight onto College Ave
- Use the left lane to turn left onto SK-6 S
- Museum is on the left