Usually when you think of a breakfast cafe, gourmet food doesn't come to mind. OEB is different. Food that'll make your mouth water. We highly recommend the French Toast Trifle; covered with organic blood orange curd, berries, Sicilian pistachios and a towering swirl of baked Swiss meringue. The eggs are from their own flock of free range hens. If you're lucky enough to choose to entree with a side of potatoes, you'll be eating twice fried potatoes cooked in organic duck fat. They also have these cute little boxes that some of the items are served in. The Confit de Canard is a favorite; poached eggs, sous vide duck confit, lingonberry jam, Saint Cyrille curds and brown butter hollandaise. The Benny's are to die for. The crepes are bountiful. The Croque Madame is flavorful using rosemary and summer truffles. If you're not after breakfast, choose from hand-pressed burgers that use prime black angus and lamb, or wraps. Real fruit smoothies and fresh juices round out the menu. It's a little pricier than your average breakfast diner, but after you take your first bite, you'll forget all about the price.
Monday-Sunday from 7am-3pm
About a 25 min. drive from the Temple:
- Head west toward Rocky Ridge Rd NW
- Turn right onto Rocky Ridge Rd NW
- Turn left onto Rocky Ridge Blvd NW
- Turn left onto Rockyvalley Dr NW
- Turn left onto 12 Mile Coulee Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Crowchild Trail NW/AB-1A E
- Continue straight onto Crowchild Trail NW
- Use the right lane to take the Alberta 1 E/15 Avenue N ramp to Alberta 1A E
- Merge onto 16 Ave NW/Trans-Canada Hwy/AB-1 E
- Turn right onto Edmonton Trail NE
- Continue straight to stay on Edmonton Trail NE
- Restaurant is on the left.